Monday, February 27, 2012

Project 7-1

This is a group of children in a circle.
Week 1
The first week of comments for kids, I was assigned Mao T's blog.  Mao is in the fourth grade at PT England School in Auckland, New Zealand.  His teacher's name is Miss Walters.  I commented on Mao's first blog post. He was excited to have a new blog, but he had blogged before.  This was my comment:

Hello Mao,
My name is Susie Salter, and I am currently a student at the University of South Alabama in Mobile, Alabama.  I just started my very first blog for a class I am taking at school. I see that you have had blogs before, and I think that is so great! It is so good that you are learning so much about technology! You probably know more about it than I do! Do you enjoy keeping a blog? I am very glad I got to "meet" you!
Sincerely,
Susie Salter

Week 2
For week two, I was assigned Skye's blog.  Skye is in the fourth grade at Leopold Primary School in Victoria, Australia.  Her teacher is Miss Kelly Jordan.  I commented on Skye's blog post about Christmas.  She told about singing Christmas carols and about what she wanted for Christmas.  She also asked what color your Christmas tree was and what your Christmas list was.  This was my original comment to Skye:

Hello Skye,
My name is Susie Salter, and I go to college at the University of South Alabama in Mobile, Alabama. I really enjoyed your post about Christmas. I think it was so brave of you to sing Christmas carols in public. I would have been scared to do that.
My Christmas tree was green with all types of ornaments on it that my family has collected over the years.
My Christmas wish list was very long! I love clothes and fashion, so I wanted a lot of new clothes, shoes, and accessories.
I loved your video. It really captured the spirit of Christmas! I hope you had a great holiday and are doing well now! It was very nice to “meet” you.
Sincerely,
Susie Salter
P.S. I love your name. It is so pretty!

Skye and I have continued to have a conversation with each other over the past few weeks. She is a great little girl, and I am enjoying being her "blogging buddy."

Week 3
In week 3, I was assigned Eric S's blog.  Eric is in the fifth grade in British Columbia, Canada.  His teacher is Ms. Eppele.  I commented on Eric's blog about sportsmanship.  He basically said that sportsmanship was about being nice to your teammates and other players no matter what.  This was my comment:

Hey Eric!
My name is Susie Salter, and I am a student at the University of South Alabama in Mobile, Alabama. I totally agree with your ideas about sportsmanship. It is always good to have a good attitude when playing any type of sport. If you act mean towards others, it just reflects badly on you. Do you play any sports? It was nice to “meet” you.
Sincerely,
Susie Salter

Week 4
In week four, I was assigned a student's blog in Iowa.  This student is in the fifth grade, and his/her teacher is Mrs. T. G..  The blog post I commented on was basically how the child loved music.  This was my comment:

Hello,
My name is Susie Salter, and I am a student in EDM 310 at the University of South Alabama in Mobile, Alabama.  I also like to hear music. I listen to it every day when I am driving in my car. I like to sing along, too. Do you like to sing along with music?
Sincerely,
Susie

1 comment:

  1. Susie,

    It seems like you are doing a great job with your commenting, but your titles are very confusing. I hope that this is C4K for February. If it is not, please change the titles to the assignments. C4K should say "C4K - February." The same goes for any project you do. Please put the number, yes, but add a title as well. The lab assistants do not have the numbers committed to memory. =)

    Thanks,

    Rebekah Lloyd

    ReplyDelete