Wednesday, March 28, 2012

Project 3-3 (C4T 3)

This says teacher.
Ira David Socol
For the past two weeks, I have been commenting on Mr. Socol's blog SpeEd Change.  The first post I commented on was Re-thinking the Middle School.  In this post, Mr. Socol basically describes all the reasons that middle schools need to be taught in a different way.  He points out certain problems like treating students as adults in situations beneficial to the teacher but treating them like kids in other situations.  This was my comment:
Mr. Socol,
I am a student in EDM 310 at the University of South Alabama. I absolutely LOVED your post!! Wow!! It totally hit home. I have been thinking exactly the same things you brought up. It's ridiculous that teachers treat teenagers like adults when it's convenient but then use the child card in situations so they can get their way. I always felt more mature than I was allowed to be in junior high school. This did not lead to good things for teachers. I generally rebelled against every form of authority. Actually, I still find myself doing it now that I'm older. I can't stand feeling less than anyone, no matter what his/her age. Students should not feel less. It isn't right. Teachers should treat students how they would want to be treated, and I bet students would return the favor.
Susie Salter



Post 2
The second post I commented on was Question Everything.  In this post, Mr. Socol argues against a comment someone tweeted.  "Questioning everything is idiotic and a waste of time."  Mr. Socol disagrees because he thinks most learning occurs when we question things.  This is my comment:
Hello again,
My name is Susie Salter, and I commented on another post of yours. I am a student in EDM 310 at the University of South Alabama. I totally agree with what you are saying about questioning everything. If we don't question things, we will never learn and grow. If no one had ever questioned anything, we would have still been sitting in a cave grunting. :-DSusie Salter

No comments:

Post a Comment